Landau Associates News
Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management Course< Back
Landau Associates Senior Associate Piper Roelen, PE, CHMM, president of the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals (PNC AHMP) will be an instructor at the Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management course December 6-8 at the University of Washington. The course is presented by the University of Washington Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Northwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety, in cooperation with the PNWC AHMP.
The Essentials of Hazardous Waste Management Course is intended for experienced individuals who have been assigned duties or responsibilities related to management of hazardous materials and wastes. This course is intended to prepare individuals for the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) exam by giving attendees an overview of the topics, taught by instructors with extensive experience in the field.
Upon course completion attendees will be able to:
- Describe the core scientific foundations of hazardous materials
- Discuss the key regulatory requirements of hazardous waste management and transportation
- Explain risks, auditing, and liability issues and solutions related to environmental auditing
- Utilize management systems and tools for hazardous materials management
- State best practices for waste minimization, pollution prevention, and underground storage tank management
- Discuss HAZWOPER emergency response planning, procedures, and corrective actions
For more information or to register online visit https://osha.washington.edu/professional-development/course/ehmm-1216
To learn more about PNWC AHMP or the CHMM Certification please visit www.ahmpnet.org