Yakama Power White Swan NEPA
(Yakima County, WA) Landau Associates prepared National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for Yakama Power, an enterprise of the Yakama Nation, as a subconsultant to Fulcrum Environmental Consulting, to support obtaining necessary permits for installation of proposed power transmission lines in Yakima County, Washington, including the Dekker line, a transmission line for Yakama Forest Products, and a service line for the Yakama Nation fish hatchery. Our scope of services included:
- Preparation of a NEPA Environmental Assessment (EA) to determine human and environmental impacts associated with the transmission lines
- On-site assessment of potential stream and wetland impacts
- Coordination with prime consultant team and Yakama Nation representatives
- Analysis and summary of impacts and mitigation measures related to environmentally sensitive areas
- Preparing Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) documentation for the lead agency.
Additional work included providing NEPA environmental reviews for the Yakama Nation Housing Authority for Community Development Block Grant funding through US Department of Housing and Urban Development.